Typelib Wizard is a open source utility developed to help COM (and SNA/HIS) developers explore Type Library (typelibs) contents.
It's development was motivated to simplify the process of checking typelibs build to access CICS programs throught SNA/HIS. It's primary goal was
to validate parameters and commarea size, but as it evolved, COM (COM+) development become it's main goal.
So, Typelib Wizard's primary purpose is to help developers:
- Inspect type libraries contents
- In .tlb files
- Embeded in .exe, .dll, .ocx, .oca files
- Navigate through typelib structure
- Generate sample ASP pages for SNA typelibs representing host transactions
- Inspect typelib contents
- Copy type definitions
- Compare typelibs against their original book (SNA/HIS)
- Search for elements in a flexible and powerfull way
Also, Typelib Wizard's behavior can be extend through a concept we called wizards. For example, you may write a wizard to generate the typelib's corresponding IDL.
For more information about wizards see Wizards/Introduction.